Learning by doing is quite probable the best method of learning. Practicing everyday and treating seriously the work is the best approach in order to become a specialist, no matter the activity field.
In the web design world, this method is even more obvious. No matter how talented a designer is, without practicing he will become, sooner or later, outdated. Fortunately, there are tons of resources helping the designers to sharpen their skills and one of the most efficient solutions is represented by the tutorials.
Definitely, a tutorial per day saves a designer from being outdated and I strongly recommend everyone to daily practice. Searching for the best tutorials is a time consuming activity and it determines many designers not to treat very seriously this efficient method of learning. OmahPSD is a great resource and every web designer will find here a precious help for every issue. Yeah, we thought that you might have missed some useful tutorials that were published in 2013 and we decided to offer you a showcase of the best ones.
We tried to select only the best tutorials and these should cover a large variety of techniques and design fields. Accordingly, here are added tutorials explaining how to design UI items, creative projects and also how to create various photo manipulations. Practically, it’s impossible not to find a tutorial to be liked by an Adobe Photoshop user.
Don’t waste your time and go back to work! You have now enough tutorials to sharpen your skills. If you enjoyed the post, don’t be selfish and share it with your friends and let us know which tutorial was the best for you!
1. Photo Manipulate a Mysterious Ghost Ship in Photoshop
by Dek Wid
In this Photoshop tutorial we will learn how to create an emotional dark fantasy photo manipulation featuring a ghost ship with a mysterious figure
2. Create a Battlefield Scene Using Stock Photography in Photoshop
by Tudoran Alexandru
In this tutorial, we will create a battlefield using several stock photographs. Let’s get started!
3. Classic Light Effect in Photoshop
In this tutorial I will show you how to create a super cool text light effect mixing some photos to give more realism.
4. Create a Surreal “Parting of the Sea” Photo Manipulation
by Mark Mayers
In this tutorial, you will discover how to combine advanced masking techniques, blending modes, adjustment layers and clever use of filters to part the sea and create a surreal photo manipulation. Let’s get started!
5. How to Create a Photo-Realistic Metal Apple in Photoshop
by Adrian Scheff
This tutorial will show you how to warp objects, dodge/burn, and add reflections to metal.
6. Create a Heroic Firefighter Painting in Photoshop
by George Patsouras
In this tutorial, we will honor our firefighters by creating a digital painting that depicts a firefighter coming to the rescue. Let’s get started!
7. Vintage Wood Typography Photoshop Tutorial
In this tutorials, you’ll learn how to create a vintage wood typography using a cool 3D Photoshop action.
8. How to Create an Amazing Mixed Media Poster in Photoshop
by Niranth M
This tutorial will show you how to easily create futuristic shapes with the Path tools and combine them with photos and brushes to create this mixed media poster.
9. Create Dynamic Art using Glows and Lighting Effects in Adobe Photoshop CS5
In this tutorial, you’ll learn some techniques on how to create a dynamic art using glows and lighting effects in Adobe Photoshop CS5.
10. Create an Earth Shattering Disaster Scene in Photoshop
by Ed Lopez
In this tutorial, we will show you how to re-create that scene using a selection of stock photographs. Let’s get started!
11. Create a Magma Hot Text Effect in Photoshop
by Gianluca Giacoppo
In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to create a magma hot text effect using layer styles and textures in Photoshop. Let’s get started!
12. Simple Bokeh Text Effect
In tutorial, you’ll learn a super easy way to create a dazzling beautiful bokeh text effect, using a simple brush and a layer effect.
13. Quick Tip: Combine a Crocodile and a Frog in Photoshop
by Jason Stanley
In this tutorial, we will use Photoshop to combine a crocodile and a frog to create a new animal species. Let’s get started!
14. Creating an Edgy, Colorful Fashion Photo-manipulated Artwork
by Vik Aadi
In this Adobe Photoshop tutorial, we will learn how to create a beautiful abstract photo manipulation applying some advance techniques of masking, lightning and the use of adjustment layers.
15. Create a Mysterious Scene with Planets
by Guilherme Pejon
In this detailed tutorial, you’ll learn how to create a surreal landscape, add a mysterious glowing light, and finish it with trees and a family in the foreground.
16. Create a Flat Countdown Timer in Photoshop – iOS 7 Inspired
by Michael John Burns
In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to create a simple countdown timer, iOS 7 inspired!
17. How To Create a Lomography Photo Effect in Photoshop
by Chris Spooner
Follow this step by step Photoshop tutorial to easily give your photos the vibrant characteristics of lomography.
18. Quick Tip: How to Create a Triangle Pixelation Effect in Photoshop
by Denny Tang
In this tutorial, you’ll an easy trick that lets you pixelate using triangles instead of squares!
19. Lonely Night – Manipulation Tutorial
by Natalie Wunn
In this manipulation tutorial you learn how to create a simple night scene in Photoshop. You will learn how to deal with hair, how to create light effects and shadows.
20. Create Intriguing Manipulation by Mixing Nature and Grunge Elements in Photoshop
In this tutorial, you’ll learn the process of creating this create an intriguing manipulation by mixing nature and grunge elements in Photoshop.
21. Create An Epic Fantasy Based Ancient Battleground
by Antaka Nguyen
In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to photo manipulate a fantasy battleground. You’ll work with cool lighting effects, some serious blending, and matte painting techniques.
22. Create a Realistic Underwater Scene in Photoshop
by Thiago Storino
In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to create an Underwater scene in Photoshop using several stock photographs. Let’s get started!
23. Create a “Kick-Ass” Fan Art
by Sheridan Johns
In this tutorial, we will show you how to create an illustration of “Hit Girl,” from the new “Kick Ass” film.
24. Eraser Photoshop Text Effect
This is a perfect Back to School inspired text effect tutorial that you might want to try.
25. Create a Mystic Lady Photo Manipulation
by Dek Wid
This Photoshop tutorial will teach you the steps to retouching skin, adding eye and lip makeup, warping a gown over the subject, and finishing it up with many mystical effects.
26. Create a Delicious Print Ad Using Photo Manipulation Techniques in Photoshop
by Stephen Petrany
This tutorial is based a character concept from a Cgtuts+ tutorial by Nacho Riesco and show you how to create a print ad by combining photo manipulation techniques with some renders from another tutorial. Let’s get started!
27. Photoshop Rage Virus Tutorial
This is another horror tutorila in celebratinn of Hallowen. Let’s get started
28. Convert a Portrait Into a Creepy Human Puppet for Halloween
by Santhosh Rao
In this tutorial, you’ll create a seriously creepy human puppet hybrid using a regular portrait photo of a beautiful model. This is a tutorial packed full of useful techniques, and it’s also an outcome that you could recreate with your own portraits and really scare your friends (creepy profile picture anyone?).
29. Create Red Hot Metro City Text Effect in Photoshop
In this tutorial, you’ll learn the process of creating this interesting metro city text effect in Photoshop in just 3 easy steps.
30. How to Create a Beautiful Mermaid Fantasy Photo Manipulation
by Jarka Hrnčárková
In this Photoshop tutorial, you’ll learn how to create realistic looking mermaid by combining a photography, 3D render and some textures.
31. How to Illustrate an Astronaut in Photoshop
by Johnson Ting
In this Photoshop tutorial, you’ll learn how to create sci-fi concept art by illustrating an astronaut that is performing maintenance during a space walk. Let’s get started.
32. Create Awesome Planet Explosion Effect in Photoshop
In this Photoshop tutorial, you’ll learn the methods you can use to create this awesome planet explosion effect in Photoshop. We will use a few simple manipulation and selection techniques, mixing with custom brush painting and finally, adjustment layers for adding colors.
33. The Creation of “Mechanical Man” Photo Manipulation in Photoshop
In this tutorial, you’ll learn the process of creating this “Mechanical Man” digital art in Photoshop.
34. How to create Greeting Card with Christmas ball and Green Ribbon in Adobe Photoshop CS6
This is a really nice and simple tutorial demonstrating how to create greeting card with red Christmas ball using simple tools and techniques like Ellipse Tool, Brush Tool, Layer Style, etc. in Adobe Photoshop CS6. Layered PSD file included. Let’s get started!
35. End of the Road – Manipulation Tutorial
by Vik Aadi
In this Photoshop tutorial, you’ll learn how to create a Dark photo manipulation.